Every week the Hashtag #CharityTuesday is celebrated on twitter where the spot light turns to the many great conversations about incredible charities the globe over doing GOOD works!
This month global conversations and events as UN Week, WeFirst13, the Clinton Initiative, just to name a couple, are taking place "in real life" (IRL) and then those same great conversations and connections continue throughout the social media stratosphere. A truly fascinating experience to say the least.
Though all are worthy of mention and we certainly will be sure to write about such events, this time we decided to focus on the third annual Social Good Summit, September 22-24, a three day conference where big ideas meet new media to create innovative solutions.
- To unite global leaders as they share how to use the power of innovative thinking and technology to solve the greatest challenges facing the world today
- To highlight the voices and ideas of people everywhere, both during and after the Social Good Summit event
- The global social good community to become one by tackling the same question, exchanging information and sharing the same spirit with the hashtag: #SGSglobal
Most importantly is that September 24, people all over the world are invited to connect through local meetups, where they will address the same question:
- How can new technology and new media create solutions for the biggest problems facing my community?
Wow! What a worthy effort and an honor to participate as we discuss and create one of the most powerful global conversations the world has ever seen.
Below is the title of a session we particularly appreciated and that inspired our work today. Let us know if you enjoyed a session or two! We would certainly love to hear your feedback and keep the conversation going!
- Creative for GOOD: Creating Bold and Effective Social campaigns
The Social Good Summit unites a "dynamic community of global leaders to discuss a big idea: the power of innovative thinking and technology to solve our greatest challenges. The most innovative technologists, influential minds and passionate activists will come together with one shared goal: to unlock the potential of new media and technology to make the world a better place, and then to translate that potential into action." Mashable